INtegrated Satellite – TeRrestrial Systems for Ubiquitous Beyond 5G CommunicaTions
INSTRUCT is an industry-led research partnership between SES (the leader in global content connectivity solutions) and the Interdisciplinary Center for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, and envisions to create a fundamental shift in the existing ecosystem of 5G wireless systems towards a ubiquitous, intelligent, self – organized and secured satellite – terrestrial integrated system exploiting ground – breaking Satellite Communications (SatCom) technologies .
The main goals of the proposed INSTRUCT project are:
- Building on 10 years of collaborative research experience between SnT and SES, to initiate a long-term structured research programme between SnT and SES by
- Seamlessly integrating and valorizing SatCom systems in Beyond 5G Networks
- Interconnecting and expanding joint lab validation facilities available at both ends
- Utilizing the interdisciplinary expertise of two research te ams (SigCom and SVV) within SnT
- To train the next generation of SatCom researchers / professionals
- To intensify Knowledge Transfer between SnT and SES
- To create innovation opportunities within the Luxembourgish SatCom Ecosystem
- To provide significant innovations in the area of High Performance Networks and promote Luxembourg’s vision of being a global hub of space and satellite services.